EARLY CAREER PROGRAMS
The Tim Russert Fellowship Program
Click on the link below to apply. Upload your resume and cover letter. In addition, as part of your cover letter please include a 250 word essay on the topic below.
The deadline for the application for the 2012-2013 Fellowship is Friday, April 27, 2012 at 5PM Eastern Time.
To apply, click here.
ABOUT THE FELLOW SHIP
The Tim Russert Fellowship will be awarded to one motivated, passionate graduating senior interested in pursuing a career in political journalism. The Fellowship is a one-year, paid position in the NBC News Washington, D.C. bureau. The fellow will work on a rotational basis in several areas of the Washington Bureau including “Meet the Press” and the NBC News Political Unit. Responsibilities will include assisting talent and producers, participating in news shoots, and story research. The goal is to give a talented, young journalist the opportunity to be mentored by seasoned NBC News staff members and experience a yearlong “boot camp” in political journalism.
- Bachelor's degree in Journalism, Communications or Political Science
- Cumulative GPA of at least 3.5
- Active involvement in journalism through work experience, on campus media involvement and/or internships
- Proven commitment to community service
- External applicants must submit a resume/CV through nbcunicareers.com to be considered.
- Must be willing to submit to a background investigation.
- Must be 18 years or greater.
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in United States through August 2013.
- Must be willing to work overtime, nights, holidays, and weekends, often with short notice.
- Must be willing to sign a one year employment contract.
- Journalism Experience.
- Highly motivated individuals
- Commitment to Television News Production as a career
- Strong communication skills
- Excellent writing skills
- Demonstrated ability to work successfully in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment
- Proven leadership skills
ABOUT THE PROGRAM:
This is a one-year position. The program runs twelve months and consists of several long-term rotations in the Washington, DC Bureau. Relocation expenses are not covered.
HOW TO APPLY:
Upload your resume, cover letter, and essay (maximum of 250 words).
- What role should the media play in our nation’s political discourse?
Please note that due to the anticipated high volume of applicants for the Fellowship, we regret that we will only be able to respond to those whom we intend to interview.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The deadline for the application for the 2010-2011 Fellowship was Friday, April 9, 2010 at 5PM Eastern Time.