Use our tools below to select specific Criteria, Talents or Brands and quickly find jobs that match your interests.Advanced Search
Join the Theme Parks Team
Become a part of the true Universal experience working with thrilling theme park rides, shows and so much more!Learn More
Become an Intern
Students get real world experience, networking opportunities, and exposure to one of the world's leading media firms.Learn More
The NBCUniversal Late Night Writers Workshop is a program focused on exposing talented joke, sketch and comedy writers to NBCUniversal's late-night & alternative lineup and readying them for a staff writer position. We are looking for writers who are "almost there" but need that final bit of preparation and exposure to key industry players. We particularly encourage female writers and those of diverse backgrounds to apply.
The NYC-based workshop will consist of improv classes, as well as keynote speakers. The selected writers will create new sketch material and gain insight into the dynamics of a late night writers’ room, as well as learn about NBCUniversal’s late-night & alternative lineup. Participants are given the chance to interact with key writers and producers from across NBCUniversal’s late-night shows, as well as receive feedback on their material. Successful participants’ material will be submitted to NBCU’s late-night & alternative executives, but writing assignments are not a guarantee.
** THE 2014 SUBMISISON PERIOD IS NOW CLOSED**
1. Applicants must submit ALL of the following pieces in one properly formatted packet:
This packet must be submitted as ONE PDF file.
2. Applicants must complete the Late Night Writers Workshop application, which includes your bio, resume and essay questions. You can access the application here
3. Applicants must fill out a release form for their submitted packet (link will be provided when application is open). Upload form in online application.
4. Applicants may provide one letter of recommendation from a colleague or mentor who is familiar with their comedy writing. Please do not submit a letter from an original character or from your Mom. The letter must be no longer than two pages.
5. Applicants must be able to provide their own housing and transportation to New York City for the duration of the program. (NOTE: You do not need to be based in New York City to be considered.)
January 10 - 24, 2014 (11:59pm PT DEADLINE): Submission Period
February 2014: Finalists interviews / selection
March 20 - 25, 2014 (date subject to change): Workshop in New York City
All dates are subject to change. Please check our Facebook page and website for updates.
Questions (NOT APPLICATIONS) should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org
For FAQ, click here.