NBC NIGHTLY NEWS TOPS ABC WORLD NEWS BY NEARLY 1 MILLION TOTAL VIEWERS
JANUARY 28, 2014 - "NBC Nightly News with Brian Williams" continued as America's most-watched network evening newscast for the week ending January 24, 2014, according to Nielsen Media Research data. In a week driven by severe weather in the U.S. and Olympics security concerns in Russia, the NBC broadcast drew over 10 million total viewers three out of five nights.
Nightly posted the biggest gain week-to-week (+718,000 viewers), widening its total viewer advantage over both competitors week-to-week. Compared to the same week last year, Nightly posted growth in total viewers (+10%, or 902,000) and the key demo of adults 25-54 (+2%, or +40,000).
Season-to-date, Nightly is averaging the highest growth among total viewers (+429,000) and has widened its total viewer lead over ABC by +33% year-to-year. Nightly is currently posting its biggest audience (9.188 million) to start a season since the 2009-10 season and its largest advantage over ABC World News (+1,037,000) since the 2010-11 season.
· Nightly delivered 10.122 million total viewers, +948,000 more than ABC World News' 9.174 million and +2,267,000 more than CBS Evening News' 7.855 million.
· Nightly averaged a 6.7/12 Household rating, ahead of ABC's 6.0/11 and CBS' 5.1/9.
· Nightly delivered a 2.2 A25-54 rating, +1 tenths ahead of ABC's 2.1 and +4 tenths more than CBS's 1.8 rating.
· Among A25-54 (000), Nightly averaged 2.585 million viewers, +106,000 ahead of World News' 2.479 million, and +468,000 ahead of Evening News' 2.117 million.
· Nightly has won in total viewers for 228 consecutive weeks, and in 275 of the past 276 weeks.
· Nightly has won in viewers A25-54 for 269 of the past 270 weeks.
Patrick Burkey is the executive producer of “NBC Nightly News with Brian Williams.” For more news and information, go to www.nbcnightlynews.com, Facebook.com/NBCNightlyNews, or follow on Twitter @nbcnightlynews.
# # #
See All News