DURING WEEK OF D-DAY 70TH ANNIVERSARY COVERAGE, MORE AMERICANS TURNED TO "NBC NIGHTLY NEWS" THAN ANY OTHER NEWSCAST
JUNE 10, 2014 - "NBC Nightly News with Brian Williams" was America's most-watched newscast during the week that featured special coverage of the 70th anniversary of D-Day as Brian Williams anchored from Normandy on Thursday and Friday. According to Nielsen Media Research data for the week ending June 6, 2014, Nightly averaged 7.705 million total viewers - posting growth of +2% (or +167,000) compared to the same week last season.
NOTE: Brian Williams was off Monday - Wednesday. NBC retitled on Wednesday and ABC on Thursday due to sports (NHL and NBA respectively).
Nightly continues to post the largest season-to-season growth among the national evening newscasts, gaining +562,000 total viewers (+7%) and widening its advantage over ABC by +38%. Season-to-date, Nightly is posting its biggest total viewer audience (9.176 million) since the 2005-06 season and its largest advantage over ABC (+1.062 million) since the 2009-10 season.
- Nightly delivered 7.705 million total viewers, leading ABC World News by +3% (+234,000) and CBS Evening News by +30% (+1,768,000).
- Nightly averaged a 1.6 A25-54 rating, tied for #1 with ABC and topping CBS by +4 tenths.
- Among A25-54 (000), Nightly averaged 1.857 million viewers, outperforming CBS by +34% (+470,000).
- Nightly averaged a 1.1 A18-49 rating, tied for #1 with ABC and +4 tenths ahead of CBS.
- Nightly has won in total viewers for 247 consecutive weeks, and in 294 of the past 295 weeks.
- Nightly has been #1 in A25-54 rating for 291 of the past 292 weeks.
- Nightly has been #1 in A18-49 rating for 304 consecutive weeks.
# # #
NBC NIGHTLY NEWS WITH BRIAN WILLIAMS
"NBC Nightly News with Brian Williams" is America's most-watched evening newscast, going beyond the day's headlines to uncover stories of how people's lives are affected by the world around them. "NBC Nightly News" reaches nearly 10 million people every day through its broadcast and millions more through NBCNews.com, the "Nightly News" app, and social media platforms. Brian Williams is the anchor and managing editor and Patrick Burkey is the executive producer.
See All News