'TODAY' CONTINUES TO SLASH GAP WITH GMA
NEW YORK - June 12, 2014 - NBC's TODAY continues to gain momentum posting the largest season-to-season growth among the morning news programs in total viewers. For the sixth consecutive week, TODAY has slashed GMA's total viewer gap year-to year. TODAY also closed the total viewer gap with GMA by 6% week-to-week.
Season-to-date, TODAY is the #1 morning news broadcast in the A18-49 rating, placing first in that category for 50 straight weeks. TODAY is also the only morning show to post across-the-board growth versus last season in all key metrics, gaining nearly 420k in total viewers.
- TODAY delivered a 1.5 A25-54 rating, beating CBS by +114% (+8 tenths)
- TODAY delivered 1.762 million A25-54 viewers, more than doubling CBS by +111% (+926,000)
- CBS declines by 17% in the key A25-54 demo versus one year ago
- TODAY was #1 in rating A18-49, tied with GMA and outperforming CBS by +175% (+7 tenths)
- TODAY won its 50th consecutive week in rating A18-49
- TODAY placed first in M18-49 and M25-54 ratings
- CBS declines by 23% in A18-49 demo versus a year ago.
- TODAY averaged 4.593 million total viewers and led CBS This Morning by +56% (+1,648,000)
- TODAY cut GMA's year-to-year total viewer advantage for the sixth consecutive week
- TODAY is the only morning news program to post across-the-board growth versus last season in total viewers (+9%, or +419,000), rating W/M/A18-49 (+13%/+13%/+8%), and rating W/M/A25-54 (+10%/+9%/+13%)
- TODAY is currently seeing the largest season-to-season growth among the morning news shows in total viewers
- TODAY grew +1% (+42,000) in total viewers and +14% in rating M18-49, versus the same week last season.
- Season-to-date, TODAY ranks as the #1 morning news broadcast in rating W/M/A18-49 and M/A25-54
Week of June 2
NET HH HH P2+ A25-54 RTG A25-54 (000)
NBC 3.4 13 4593 1.5 1762
CBS 2.2 8 2945 0.7 836
ABC 3.9 15 5420 1.6 1946
NBC's TODAY is the news program that informs, entertains, inspires and sets the agenda each morning for Americans. Airing live from 7 am to 11 am ET, TODAY reaches more than 5 million people every day through its broadcast, and millions more through TODAY.com, the TODAY app, and social media platforms. Matt Lauer, Savannah Guthrie, Al Roker, Natalie Morales, Willie Geist, Tamron Hall, Carson Daly, Hoda Kotb, and Kathie Lee Gifford are the anchors and hosts, and Don Nash is the executive producer.
See All News