"NBC NIGHTLY NEWS" DELIVERS BIGGEST ADVANTAGE OVER "ABC WORLD NEWS" IN OVER THREE MONTHS
JUNE 17, 2014 - "NBC Nightly News with Brian Williams" delivered its best total viewer audience in six weeks, solidifying its position as America's most-watched newscast in total viewers and all key demos.
According to Nielsen Media Research data for the week ending June 13, 2014, Nightly averaged 8.440 million total viewers - topping "ABC World News" by nearly 1.2 million viewers and marking the NBC broadcast's biggest advantage over ABC since the week of 3/3/2014.
Week-to-week, Nightly posted broad growth in total viewers (+10%, or +735,000), rating W/M18-49 (+8%/+11%), and rating W/M/A25-54 (+6%/+15%/+6%), and widened its advantage over ABC by 402%,
Nightly was the only evening newscast to post growth versus its 2Q'14 average, increasing +2% in total viewers (+137,000) and +6% in rating A25-54. Versus the same week last season, Nightly increased its total viewer audience by +6% (+444,000).
Nightly continues to post the largest season-to-season growth among the national evening newscasts, gaining +557,000 total viewers (+6%) and widening its advantage over ABC by +36%. Season-to-date, Nightly is posting its biggest total viewer audience (9.164 million) since the 2005-06 season and its largest advantage over ABC (+1.064 million) since the 2009-10 season.
- Nightly delivered 8.440 million viewers, leading ABC World News by +16% (+1,175,000) and CBS Evening News by +40% (+2,392,000).
- Nightly averaged a 1.7 A25-54 rating, topping ABC +1 tenth and CBS by +6 tenths.
- Among A25-54 (000), Nightly averaged 2.005 million viewers, outperforming ABC by +5% (+103,000) and CBS by +46% (+634,000).
- This marks Nightly's best A24-54 (000) delivery since the week of 4/28/13.
- Nightly averaged a 1.1 A18-49 rating, tied for #1 with ABC and +3 tenths ahead of CBS.
- Nightly has won in total viewers for 248 consecutive weeks, and in 295 of the past 296 weeks.
- Nightly has been #1 in A25-54 rating for 292 of the past 293 weeks.
- Nightly has been #1 in A18-49 rating for 305 consecutive weeks.
NOTE: Both NBC and ABC are based on 3-day averages. NBC was retitled on Thursday 6/12 and Friday 6/13 due to afternoon sports impact to lead-in. ABC was retitled on Tuesday 6/10 and Thursday 6/12 due to NBA Finals Games 3 & 4.
NBC NIGHTLY NEWS WITH BRIAN WILLIAMS
"NBC Nightly News with Brian Williams" is America's most-watched evening newscast, going beyond the day's headlines to uncover stories of how people's lives are affected by the world around them. "NBC Nightly News" reaches nearly 10 million people every day through its broadcast and millions more through NBCNews.com, the "Nightly News" app, and social media platforms. Brian Williams is the anchor and managing editor and Patrick Burkey is the executive producer.
See All News