'TODAY' CONTINUES TO SHRINK GAP WITH GMA
NEW YORK - June 19, 2014 - NBC's TODAY continues to gain momentum posting the largest season-to-season growth among the morning news programs in total viewers. For the seventh consecutive week, TODAY has slashed GMA's total viewer gap year-to year. TODAY also closed the total viewer gap with GMA by 10% week-to-week.
TODAY is the only morning show to post across-the-board growth versus last season in all key ratings categories. Specifically in total viewers, TODAY has gained more than 400k. Season-to-date, TODAY ranks as the #1 morning news broadcast in rating A18-49.
- TODAY reduced GMA's total viewer lead by 12% versus the same week last season and by 10% week-to-week
- TODAY has cut GMA's year-over-year total viewer advantage for the seventh consecutive week
- So far in 2Q'14, TODAY has reduced GMA's total viewer lead by 6% versus the same second quarter period in 2013
- Season-to-date, TODAY ranks as the #1 morning news broadcast in rating W/M/A18-49 and M25-54
- TODAY is the only morning news program to post across-the-board growth versus last season in total viewers (+9%, or +405,000), rating W/M/A18-49 (+13%/+13%/+8%), and rating W/M/A25-54 (+10%/+9%/+6%)
- TODAY is currently seeing the largest total viewer season-to-season growth among the morning news shows
- For the week, in total viewers, TODAY averaged 4.514 million viewers and led CBS This Morning by +59% (+1,670,000)
- TODAY averaged a 1.4 A25-54 rating, topping CBS by +100% (+7 tenths)
- TODAY delivered 1.675 million A25-54 viewers, more than doubling CBS by +107% (+866,000)
Week of June 9
NET HH HH P2+ A25-54 RTG A25-54 (000)
NBC 3.4 13 4514 1.4 1675
CBS 2.2 8 2844 0.7 809
ABC 3.9 15 5256 1.6 1925
NBC's TODAY is the news program that informs, entertains, inspires and sets the agenda each morning for Americans. Airing live from 7 am to 11 am ET, TODAY reaches more than 5 million people every day through its broadcast, and millions more through TODAY.com, the TODAY app, and social media platforms. Matt Lauer, Savannah Guthrie, Al Roker, Natalie Morales, Willie Geist, Tamron Hall, Carson Daly, Hoda Kotb, and Kathie Lee Gifford are the anchors and hosts, and Don Nash is the executive producer.
See All News