'TODAY' CONTINUES TO SHRINK GAP WITH GMA
NEW YORK - June 26, 2014 - NBC's TODAY continues to gain momentum posting the largest season-to-season viewer growth among the morning news programs and shrinking the ratings gaps with GMA. For the week of June 16, TODAY had its closest total viewer margin with GMA in nearly three months, since the week of 3/24/2014. TODAY also posted its narrowest A25-54 gap in three weeks.
TODAY is the only morning show to post across-the-board growth versus last season in all key ratings categories. Specifically in total viewers, TODAY has gained nearly 400k. Season-to-date, TODAY ranks as the #1 morning news broadcast in rating A18-49.
- TODAY averaged 4.302 million total viewers, leading CBS This Morning by +39% (+1,211,000)
TODAY had its closest total viewer margin with GMA since the week of 3/24/2014
TODAY reduced GMA's lead by 14% week-to-week and by 30% versus the same week last year
- In A25-54, TODAY delivered a 1.4 rating which doubled the performance of CBS (+100%, or +7 tenths)
TODAY averaged 1.618 million A25-54 viewers, topping CBS by +83% (+734,000)
TODAY cut GMA's demo viewer gap by 31% versus the prior week and posted its narrowest demo gap in three weeks
- TODAY was #1 with a 1.0 A18-49 rating, tying GMA and also doubling CBS (+100%, or +5 tenths)
TODAY is the #1 morning news show this season in rating W/M/A18-49 and M25-54
- TODAY is currently posting the largest season-to-season growth in total viewers among the morning news shows, increasing +8% or +393,000 viewers.
- TODAY is the only morning news program to post across-the-board growth versus last season in total viewers, rating W/M/A18-49 (+13%/+13%/+18%), and rating W/M/A25-54 (+10%/+9%/+6%)
Week of June 16
NET HH HH P2+ A25-54 RTG A25-54 (000)
NBC 3.2 13 4302 1.4 1618
CBS 2.2 9 3091 0.7 884
ABC 3.7 15 4940 1.5 1791
NBC's TODAY is the news program that informs, entertains, inspires and sets the agenda each morning for Americans. Airing live from 7 am to 11 am ET, TODAY reaches more than 5 million people every day through its broadcast, and millions more through TODAY.com, the TODAY app, and social media platforms. Matt Lauer, Savannah Guthrie, Al Roker, Natalie Morales, Willie Geist, Tamron Hall, Carson Daly, Hoda Kotb, and Kathie Lee Gifford are the anchors and hosts, and Don Nash is the executive producer.
See All News