"NBC NIGHTLY NEWS" WIDENS LEAD OVER "ABC WORLD NEWS" WEEK TO WEEK
JULY 15, 2014 - "NBC Nightly News" was America's most-watched newscast for the week ending July 11, 2014, according to Nielsen Media Research data. The NBC broadcast averaged 7.750 million total viewers, widening its total viewer advantage over ABC by +654% compared to the previous week.
Season-to-date, Nightly is posting its biggest total viewer audience (9.036 million) since the 2005-06 season and its largest lead over ABC (+1.020 million) since the 2010-11 season. Nightly continues to post the largest season-to-season growth among the national evening newscasts, gaining +510,000 total viewers (+6%) and widening its advantage over ABC by +30%.
- Nightly delivered 7.750 million viewers, leading ABC World News by +513,000 and CBS Evening News by +1,667,000.
- Week-to-week, Nightly widened its total viewer lead over ABC by 654%.
- Nightly has won in total viewers for 252 consecutive weeks, and in 299 of the past 300 weeks.
- Nightly averaged a 1.5 A25-54 rating, tied for #1 with ABC and +3 tenths over CBS.
- Nightly has been #1 in rating A25-54 for 294 of the past 297 weeks.
- Among A25-54 (000), Nightly averaged 1.757 million viewers, outperforming CBS by +290,000.
- Week-to-week, Nightly narrowed the demo viewer gap with ABC by 46%.
# # #
NBC NIGHTLY NEWS WITH BRIAN WILLIAMS
"NBC Nightly News with Brian Williams" is America's most-watched evening newscast, going beyond the day's headlines to uncover stories of how people's lives are affected by the world around them. "NBC Nightly News" reaches nearly 10 million people every day through its broadcast and millions more through NBCNews.com, the "Nightly News" app, and social media platforms. Brian Williams is the anchor and managing editor and Patrick Burkey is the executive producer.
See All News