MORE AMERICANS TURN TO "NBC NIGHTLY NEWS WITH BRIAN WILLIAMS" THAN ANY OTHER NEWSCAST
AUGUST 12, 2014 - "NBC Nightly News with Brian Williams" continued as America's most-watched evening newscast for the week ending August 8, 2014, according to Nielsen Media Research data.
The NBC broadcast was #1 in both total viewers and the younger demo of viewers 18-49. Nightly was the only evening news program to post any demo growth versus its 3Q'14-to-date average, increasing +9% in rating W18-49.
Season-to-date, Nightly is posting its biggest total viewer audience in 8 years (since the 2005-06 season) and its largest lead over ABC (+969,000) since the 2011-12 season. Nightly continues to post the biggest season-to-season growth among the national evening newscasts, increasing +481,000 total viewers (+6%) and widening its advantage over ABC by +28%. This season, Nightly has also widened its gaps over CBS by 8% in total viewers and 3% among A25-54 viewers.
- Nightly delivered 7.464 million viewers, leading ABC World News by +441,000 and CBS Evening News by +1,511,000.
- Nightly has won in total viewers for 256 consecutive weeks, and in 303 of the past 304 weeks.
- Nightly averaged a 1.4 A25-54 rating, +2 tenths over CBS.
- Among A25-54 (000), Nightly averaged 1.687 million viewers, topping CBS by +305,000.
- Nightly averaged a 1.0 A18-49 rating, tied for #1 with ABC and leading CBS by +2 tenths.
- Nightly averaged 1.284 million A18-49 viewers, leading ABC by +73,000 and CBS by +321,000.
WEEK ENDING AUGUST 1, 2014
|Households||Total Viewers||A25-54 Rating||A25-54 Viewers||A18-49 Rating||A18-49 Viewers|
# # #
See All News