"NBC NIGHTLY NEWS" DRAWS BEST TOTAL VIEWER DELIVERY IN TWO MONTHS
AUGUST 19, 2014 - "NBC Nightly News with Brian Williams" continued as America's most-watched evening newscast for the week ending August 15, 2014, according to Nielsen Media Research data.
The NBC broadcast was #1 in both total viewers and the younger demo of viewers 18-49. Nightly averaged 7.987 million total viewers, marking its best total viewer delivery since the week of 6/16/2014.
Week-to-week, Nightly posted broad gains in total viewers (+7%, or +523,000), rating W/M/A25-54 (+6%/+17%/+14%), and rating M/A18-49 (+11%/+10%). The NBC broadcast posted the largest total viewer growth among the evening newscasts versus the same week last season, increasing its delivery by +11% (+792,000) and widening its gap over ABC by 4%. Nightly also saw across-the-board gains versus its 3Q'14-to-date averages, growing in total viewers (+4%, or +290,000), rating W/M/A18-49 (+9%/+11%/+10%), and rating W/M/A25-54 (+6%/+8%/+7%).
Season-to-date, Nightly is the #1 evening newscast in total viewers and all 18-49 and 25-54 demo ratings. Season-to-date, Nightly is posting its biggest total viewer audience in 8 years (since the 2005-06 season) and its largest lead over ABC (+955,000) since the 2011-12 season. Nightly continues to post the biggest season-to-season growth among the national evening newscasts, increasing +489,000 total viewers (+6%) and widening its advantage over ABC by +28%.
NOTE: Brian Williams was off Wednesday – Friday.
- Nightly delivered 7.987 million total viewers, leading ABC World News by +312,000 and CBS Evening News by +1,774,000.
- Nightly has won in total viewers for 257 consecutive weeks, and in 304 of the past 305 weeks.
- Nightly averaged a 1.6 A25-54 rating, +4 tenths over CBS.
- Among A25-54 (000), Nightly averaged 1.906 million viewers, topping CBS by +441,000.
- Nightly averaged a 1.1 A18-49 rating, tied for #1 with ABC and leading CBS by +3 tenths.
- Nightly averaged 1.401 million A18-49 viewers, leading ABC by +27,000 and CBS by +375,000.
# # #
See All News