"MEET THE PRESS WITH CHUCK TODD" DEBUTS AT #1
SEPTEMBER 11, 2014 - Chuck Todd's debut as moderator of "Meet the Press" was the most-watched Sunday public affairs program in total viewers and the A25-54 and A18-49 demos according to Nielsen Media Research data.
On Sunday, September 7, 2014, MTP averaged 2.991 million total viewers and a 0.7 A25-54 ranking, marking its best total viewer delivery since 3/2/2014 and best A25-54 viewer delivery since 6/29/14.
MTP also delivered its biggest total viewer leads over both This Week and the Face the National half hour since 2/16/2014 (Sochi Olympics). Excluding the Olympics, this marked the NBC broadcast's biggest advantage over ABC since 4/21/2013 (end of Boston Marathon bombing manhunt) and biggest advantage over CBS since 9/1/2013.
- In total viewers, MTP led the Face the Nation half hour by +8% (+219,000), the Face the Nation hour by +36% (+785,000), This Week by +19% (+486,000) and Fox News Sunday by +126% (+1,670,000).
- In A25-54 rating, MTP beat the Face the Nation half hour and This Week by +1 tenth, the Face the Nation hour by +2 tenths, and FOX News Sunday by +4 tenths.
- Among A25-54 viewers, MTP outperformed the Face the Nation half hour by +8% (+58,000), the Face the Nation hour by +38% (+227,000), This Week by +6% (+47,000) and FOX News Sunday by +131% (+465,000).
Trends and Growth:
- MTP beat the Face the Nation half hour for the 2nd straight week in total viewers.
- MTP posted the biggest year-to-year growth in both total viewers (+289,000 or +11%) and A25-54 (+130,000 or +19%).
- MTP also showed the biggest week-to-week total viewer gain (+23%, or +554,000).
Sunday, September 7, 2014
|Show Name||Total Viewers|| A25-54
|MEET THE PRESS||2.991||0.7||821|
|FACE THE NATION HALF HOUR||2.772||0.6||763|
|FACE THE NATION HOUR||2.206||0.5||594|
|FOX NEWS SUNDAY||1.321||0.3||356|
# # #
See All News