"NBC NIGHTLY NEWS WITH BRIAN WILLIAMS" POSTS BIGGEST SEASON PREMIERE WEEK IN NINE YEARS
SEPTEMBER 30, 2014 - "NBC Nightly News with Brian Williams" continued as America's most-watched evening newscast for the week ending September 26, 2014, according to Nielsen Media Research data.
Nightly averaged 8.187 million total viewers and 1.811 viewers A25-54, marking its biggest premiere week total viewer delivery in nine years (start of the 2005-06 season). Nightly was #1 for the week in both A18-49 rating (1.1) and A18-49 viewers (1.343 million).
Versus the same week last season (2013-14 season premiere week), Nightly was up in total viewers (+2%, or +165,000) and also posted gains in rating M18-49 (+11%) and rating M25-54 (+8%).
This is the fourth consecutive week (and 9th time in the last 11 weeks) that Nightly has grown its total audience versus the comparable period from the previous year. Compared to its 3Q'14 performance, Nightly increased in total viewers (+4%, or +288,000) and rating M18-49 (+11%)
- Nightly delivered 8.187 million viewers, leading ABC World News Tonight by +158,000 and CBS Evening News by +1.843 million.
- Nightly has won in total viewers for 263 consecutive weeks, and in 310 of the past 311 weeks.
- Among A25-54 (000), Nightly averaged 1.811 million viewers, topping CBS by +304,000.
- Nightly averaged a 1.5 A25-54 rating, +2 tenths over CBS.
- Among A18-49, Nightly delivered 1.343 million viewers, topping ABC by +42,000 and CBS by +308,000.
- Nightly averaged a 1.1 A18-49 rating, topping ABC by +1 tenth and CBS by +3 tenths.
# # #
See All News