NBCSN PRIMETIME & TOTAL DAY VIEWERSHIP INCREASE FOR FOURTH CONSECUTIVE QUARTER
Formula One, IndyCar, Premier League, Tour de France & The Dan Patrick Show Help NBCSN Add More Total Day Viewers Than Any Other Sports Network vs. 3rd Quarter in 2013
STAMFORD, Conn. - October 1, 2014 - NBCSN's third-quarter viewership increased 20% in primetime and 14% in Total Day (6 a.m. to 6 a.m.) compared to Q3 in 2013 - marking the fourth consecutive quarter of year-over-year growth for the network – according to live plus same day data released by The Nielsen Company.
NBCSN averaged 124,000 primetime viewers for the quarter (June 30-September 28) - up 20% from 103,000 in last year's Q3, while Total Day viewership increased 14% to 84,000 (vs. 74,000 last year).
NBCSN's Total Day third-quarter growth compared to 2013 is the largest increase in viewers for any sports cable network.
Additional third-quarter highlights:
- Viewership for three Formula One races averaged 416,000 viewers, an increase of 58% from last year's third quarter (263,000).
- IndyCar viewership for seven third-quarter races was up 20% to 370,000 average viewers (from 309,000 for Q3 in 2013).
- Premier League matches on NBCSN have averaged 432,000 viewers — up 13% from last year at this time (381,000 viewers).
- The 2014 Tour de France on NBCSN, including live stage coverage and the nightly Tour Primetime show, averaged 253,000 viewers, up 8% from last year (235,000).
- The Dan Patrick Show, which airs weekdays from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. ET, averaged 58,000 viewers on NBCSN, marking its best-ever quarterly audience on the network and a 107% jump from the comparable time period in 2013.
See All News