"NBC NIGHTLY NEWS WITH BRIAN WILLIAMS" WINS WEEK OF OCTOBER 6
OCTOBER 14, 2014 - "NBC Nightly News with Brian Williams" was America's most-watched evening newscast for the week of October 6-10, 2014, according to Nielsen Media Research data. Nightly was #1 in total viewers, rating A25-54, and rating A18-49.
The NBC broadcast averaged 8.561 million total viewers and 2.010 million A25-54 viewers, marking its best total viewer delivery since the week of 4/28/14 and best demo viewer delivery in four weeks.
Week-to-week, Nightly was the only evening newscast to post any audience growth, increasing in total viewers (+4%, or +311,000), rating W/M/A18-49 (+8%/+11%/+9%), and rating M/A25-54 (+15%/+6%)
Nightly was also the only evening news program to see across-the-board gains versus its 4Q'14-to-date average in total viewers (+4%, or +317,000), rating W/M/A18-49 (+17%/+11%/+9%), and rating W/M/A25-54 (+6%/+7%/+6%).
NOTE: milestone points and comparisons are based on historical data that Nielsen will be revising.
- Nightly delivered 8.561 million total viewers, leading ABC by +4% (+348,000) and CBS by +38% (+2.341 million).
- Nightly averaged a 1.7 A25-54 rating, tied for #1 with ABC and +5 tenths over CBS.
- Among A25-54 (000), Nightly averaged 2.010 million A25-54 viewers, marking its best delivery in four weeks and leading CBS by +37% (+540,000).
- Nightly delivered a 1.2 A18-49 rating, topping ABC by +1 tenth and CBS by +4 tenths.
- Among A18-49, Nightly delivered 1.500 million viewers, topping ABC by +134,000 and CBS by +464,000.
WEEK OF OCTOBER 6-10, 2014
|Total Viewers||A25-54 Rating||A25-54 Viewers||A18-49 Rating||A18-49 Viewers|
# # #
See All News