BYTES: "NBC SPORTSWORLD" IS THE NEW LONG-FORM HOME OF NBC SPORTS DIGITAL
NBC SPORTS DIGITAL "BYTES"
October 20, 2014 - Vol. 40
"NBC SPORTSWORLD" is the New Long-Form Home of NBC Sports Digital
NBC Sports Digital recently announced the launch of NBC SportsWorld, a new micro-site within NBCSports.com dedicated to long-form storytelling. The site is populated with compelling long-form stories, essays, short films and documentaries, including select archived Olympic video.
Named after NBC Sports' television program in the 1980s, which featured global content from a variety of sports properties, NBCSportsWorld.com is the home of exclusive long-form pieces from NBC Sports Digital's contributors, including award-winning writer Joe Posnanski, Joe Prince-Wright of ProSoccerTalk, andNick Zaccardi of OlympicTalk.
Following the site's debut last Thursday, NBCSportsWorld has since added the following long-form pieces:
- Payne, the story of how golf champion Payne Stewart lived, from the early days when his father guided and influenced him, his first Ryder Cup win, and the tragic end to his life in a lonely field in South Dakota. For a link to the video, click here.
- CSN Bay Area Senior Insider Ray Ratto connects the dots from Joe Montana and John Elway to Colin Kapernick and Peyton Manning, Click here to read the story.
- Nick Zaccardi examines the illusive long-jump record as current record holder Mike Powell celebrates 23 years with the title, the same amount of time as previous record holder Bob Beamon. Click here to read the story.
- Bob Costas's interview with Peyton Manning, who, prior to breaking Brett Favre's all-time record for career touchdown passes, discussed the record-holders who preceded him. Click here for the video.
In order to stay up to date with all of the latest features and videos on NBC SportsWorld, users can subscribe to a weekly newsletter that will be published each Friday recapping the previous week's content on NBCSportsWorld.com. Readers can also follow NBC SportsWorld on Facebook at Facebook.com/NBCSportsWorld and Twitter @NBCSportsWorld.
For the full press release about NBC SportsWorld, click here.
GolfNow Launches New Mobile App to Enhance Tee Time Search Experience
GolfNow, the leading tee-time reservation and golf course technology platform, today announced a new standard and premium version of its mobile app, now available in the iTunes App store (iPhone) and Google Play store (Android). Both versions display a modern, intuitive feel and utilize location services and Google Places to personalize the tee time booking experience by allowing golfers to easily search for courses in their area, and at more than 5,000 courses around the world. The advanced tee time search allows golfers to select a course and tee time based on several criteria including location, price, time of day, and rating, which is based on GolfAdvisor.com reviews.
The premium version ($29.99 annual subscription) of the new GolfNow app will benefit golfers long after they book a tee time and will include:
- An innovative on-course GPS platform providing hole-by-hole yardages at more than 30,000 golf courses around the world
- A personalized statistical analysis dashboard to help golfers improve their game
- An in-round scoring function for up to four players with multiple game play formats
For the full release, click here.
Flyers-Bruins Posts Digital Consumption Records
The Bruins - Red Wings game last Wednesday, October 15, set records as the most streamed Wednesday Night Rivalry game ever for the franchise in total visits, uniques and live starts, excluding Season Opener, Stadium Series or Winter Classic games. The game delivered 21,000 visits, 19,000 uniques, and 41,000 live starts, according to Adobe Reports & Analytics.
Watch Peyton Manning’s 506 TDs in 30 Seconds
Leading into Sunday, Peyton Manning had 506 career touchdowns, just three behind the all-time record. NBC's Sunday Night Football shows you all 506 in just 30 seconds, here, and in a six-second Vine, here.
CSNBayArea.com is Digital Home for the SF Giants and the World Series
As the Giants advance to the World Series, CSN Bay Area Insiders, led by Ray Ratto and Andrew Baggarly, will be covering the team from the first pitch. Follow them on social channels, online and on-air: use the hashtag #OctoberQuest; log on to CSNBayArea.com for comprehensive news and coverage; and follow the CSN Insiders: @CSNGiants, @CSNBaggs, and @CSNAuthentic.
– NBC SPORTS DIGITAL –
See All News