'TODAY' CONTINUES TO CLOSE RATINGS GAP WITH GMA
NEW YORK - October 23, 2014 - NBC's TODAY continues to gain momentum and post significant ratings growth. TODAY closed the total viewer gap with GMA for the third straight week and showed the most total viewer growth among the morning news shows gaining 102k week-to-week. TODAY was the number-one morning show in A25-54 on Monday and Wednesday of last week. TODAY also grew 50k in total viewers versus the same week last season.
**PLEASE NOTE - This press release does not contain information based on or compared to any Nielsen ratings data from March 2014 through September 2014, as Nielsen will be revising that data. Therefore, although other outlets may continue to use the incorrect data, no milestone or historical points are included in this release, as they will certainly change.
- TODAY averaged 4.701 million total viewers, leading CBS by +55% (+1.670 million)
TODAY reduced the total viewer gap with GMA for the third straight week
- TODAY averaged 1.884 million A25-54 viewers, more than doubling CBS's delivery by +103% (+956,000)
TODAY scored a 1.6 A25-54 rating, leading CBS by +100% (+8 tenths)
- TODAY was the #1 morning news program among A18-49 viewers (1.485 million), beating GMA by +6,000 viewers and CBS by +834,000 viewers
- During the week, TODAY won two mornings among A25-54 viewers.
A25-54: won Monday (+84,000) and Wednesday (+29,000). TODAY has posted two straight Monday A25-54 wins
- Week-to-week, TODAY showed the most total viewer growth among the morning news shows (+2%, or +102,000) while also seeing gains in rating W/A18-49 (+7%/+9%) and rating W/A25-54 (+5%/+7%)
- TODAY was up +1% (+48,000) total viewers versus the same week last season
- Compared to the 4Q'14/STD average, TODAY again posted the biggest morning news gain among total viewers (+4%, or +183,000) as well as among A18-49 viewers (+7%, or +95,000) and A25-54 viewers (+7%, or +130,000)
Week of October 13
|CBS THIS MORNING||2.2||9||3,031||0.8||928|
See All News