"NBC NIGHTLY NEWS WITH BRIAN WILLIAMS" WIDENS LEAD OVER "ABC WORLD NEWS TONIGHT" WEEK TO WEEK
NOVEMBER 4, 2014 - "NBC Nightly News with Brian Williams" was #1 in total viewers and the younger demo A18-49 for the week of October 27-31, 2014, according to Nielsen Media Research data.
Week to week, Nightly posted the largest total viewer growth among the network evening newscasts, increasing its delivery by +285,000 viewers (+3%) and widening its total viewer advantage over ABC by +121,000 (+27%). Versus 4Q'14/STD levels, Nightly was up +236,000 and widened its lead over ABC by +37%.
The NBC broadcast is posting +1% growth in total viewers versus the previous year and delivering its best start to a season since 2006. Nightly has now been the #1 evening newscast in total viewers for 268 consecutive weeks and 315 of the last 316 weeks.
- Nightly delivered 8.687 million total viewers, leading ABC by +575,000 and CBS by +2.019 million.
- Nightly averaged a 1.6 A25-54 rating, +3 tenths ahead of CBS.
- Among A25-54 (000), Nightly averaged 1.918 million viewers, +325,000 ahead of CBS.
- Nightly delivered a 1.1 A18-49 rating, topping ABC by +1 tenth and CBS by +2 tenths.
- Among A18-49, Nightly delivered 1.353 million viewers, topping ABC by +31,000 and CBS by +229,000.
WEEK OF OCTOBER 27-31, 2014
|Total Viewers||A25-54 Rating||A25-54 Viewers||A18-49 Rating||A18-49 Viewers|
# # #
See All News