"NBC NIGHTLY NEWS WITH BRIAN WILLIAMS" IS #1 IN TOTAL VIEWERS AND ALL KEY DEMOS
NOVEMBER 11, 2014 - "NBC Nightly News with Brian Williams" was America's #1 newscast in total viewers and all key 25-54 and 18-49 year old demos for the week of November 3-7, 2014, according to Nielsen Media Research data.
Nightly delivered its first A25-54 viewer win over ABC since the week of 7/28/2014, and widest total viewer advantage over ABC in seven weeks.
Nightly also marked its biggest total viewer delivery since the week of 3/24/2014. On Tuesday, Nightly topped ABC by +1.009 million total viewers, ranking as the #1 Election Night newscast for the 13th consecutive year.
Versus the prior week, Nightly widened its lead over ABC in total viewers by 21% and among A18-49 viewers by 148%. Among the network newscasts, Nightly posted the biggest week-to-week gains in total viewers (+9%, or +766,000), A18-49 viewers (+18%, or +239,000), and A25-54 viewers (+14%, or +273,000). Nightly also posted the biggest increase versus its current 4Q'14/STD average in total viewers (+11%, or +962,000) while widening its gap versus both ABC and CBS by 57% and 10% respectively.
The NBC broadcast is posting +1% growth in total viewers versus the previous year and delivering its best start to a season since 2006. Nightly has now been the #1 evening newscast in total viewers for 269 consecutive weeks and 316 of the last 317 weeks.
- Nightly delivered 9.453 million total viewers, leading ABC by +697,000 and CBS by +2.208 million.
- Nightly averaged a 1.8 A25-54 rating, tied with ABC and +3 tenths ahead of CBS.
- Among A25-54 (000), Nightly averaged 2.191 million viewers, topping ABC by +12,000 and CBS by +354,000.
- This is Nightly's first demo viewer win vs. ABC since the week of 7/28/2014.
- Nightly delivered a 1.3 A18-49 rating, topping ABC by +1 tenth and CBS by +4 tenths.
- Among A18-49, Nightly delivered 1.592 million viewers, topping ABC by +77,000 and CBS by +395,000.
WEEK OF NOVEMBER 3-7, 2014
|Total Viewers||A25-54 Rating||A25-54 Viewers||A18-49 Rating||A18-49 Viewers|
# # #
See All News