'TODAY' CONTINUES TO CLOSE RATINGS GAP WITH GMA
NEW YORK - August 14, 2014 - NBC's TODAY continues to gain momentum and post significant ratings growth. For the second straight week, TODAY narrowed the total viewer and A25-54 gaps with GMA. Versus the same week last year, TODAY cut GMA's total viewer lead by 20% and its A25-54 lead by 5%. Season-to-date, TODAY has posted gains in all key ratings metrics – total viewers (+6%, or +292k), rating A18-49 (+9%), and rating A25-54 (+6%). TODAY ranks as the #1 morning news broadcast in A18-49 for the season.
- TODAY averaged 4.006 million total viewers, leading CBS This Morning by +42% (+1,177,000)
- TODAY averaged 1.530 million A25-54 viewers, +73% (+645,000) ahead of CBS
- TODAY delivered a 1.3 A25-54 rating, leading CBS by +86% (+6 tenths)
- TODAY has reduced GMA's total viewer and A25-54 viewer lead for the second straight week
- Versus the same week last season, TODAY cut GMA's leads by 20% in total viewers and 5% among A25-54 viewers
- Season-to-date, TODAY has posted gains in total viewers (+6%, or +292,000), rating W/M/A18-49 (+7%/+13%/+9%), and rating W/A25-54 (+5%/+6%)
- Compared to last season, TODAY has widened its advantages over CBS by 1% in total viewers and 15% among A25-54 viewers
- TODAY continues to be the #1 morning news program season-to-date in all 18-49 demo ratings
Week of August 4
|CBS THIS MORNING||2.1||8||2,829||0.7||885|
NBC's TODAY is the news program that informs, entertains, inspires and sets the agenda each morning for Americans. Airing live from 7 am to 11 am ET, TODAY reaches more than 5 million people every day through its broadcast, and millions more through TODAY.com, the TODAY app, and social media platforms. Matt Lauer, Savannah Guthrie, Al Roker, Natalie Morales, Willie Geist, Tamron Hall, Carson Daly, Hoda Kotb, and Kathie Lee Gifford are the anchors and hosts, and Don Nash is the executive producer.
See All News