'TODAY' CONTINUES TO CLOSE RATINGS GAP WITH GMA
NEW YORK - September 11, 2014 - NBC's TODAY continues to gain momentum and post significant ratings growth. TODAY beat GMA in the key demo A25-54 by a giant 346k last Friday marking its biggest single-day demo win over GMA since the Sochi Olympics. TODAY narrowed the key demo gap with GMA by a whopping 41% week-to-week, and posted its closest demo margin in three months (since 6/30/14). TODAY was also the only morning news program to post gains in all ratings categories versus the prior week.
Season-to-date, TODAY is posting the largest total viewer growth of the morning news shows gaining nearly 300k. TODAY ranks as the #1 morning news broadcast in A18-49 for the season.
- TODAY averaged 4.628 million total viewers, lead in CBS by +57% (+1,675,000)
- TODAY's total viewership grew for the second straight week and hit its best level since the week of 5/19/2014
- This was TODAY's biggest total viewer win over CBS since the week of 5/19/2014
- TODAY averaged 1.818 million A25-54 viewers, more than doubling CBS's delivery (by +102%, or +916,000)
- TODAY topped GMA Friday by X, marking its biggest single-day demo win over GMA since the Sochi Olympics (2/14/14)
- TODAY pulled to within -135,000 A25-54 viewers of GMA, its closest margin since the week of 6/30/2014
- TODAY narrowed the demo gap with GMA by 41% week-to-week and by 36% versus the 3Q'14-to-date average
- This was TODAY's biggest demo viewer victory over CBS since the week of 6/2/2014
- TODAY's 1.5 A25-54 rating beat CBS by +88% (+7 tenths)
- TODAY was #1 for the week among A18-49 viewers with 1.479 million, topping GMA by +5% (+71,000) and CBS by +159% (+908,000)
- TODAY delivered 1.2 A18-49 rating, beating GMA by +9% (+1 tenth) and CBS by +200% (+8 tenths)
- Versus the same week last season, TODAY was up +1% (+56,000) in total viewers, +14% in rating M18-49, and +10% in rating M25-54
- Week-to-week, TODAY was the only morning news program to post across-the-board gains in total viewers (+4%, or +182,000), rating W/M/A18-49 (+7%/+14%/+9%), and rating W/M/A25-54 (+11%/+10%/+7%)
- TODAY widened its leads versus CBS by 5% in total viewers, 13% among A18-49 viewers, and 12% among A25-54 viewers compared to the previous week
- TODAY also posted broad gains across-the-board versus the 3Q average (only morning show to do so) in total viewers (+9%, or +399,000), rating W/M/A18-49 (+15%/+14%/+20%), and rating W/M/A25-54 (+18%/+22%/+15%)
- Season-to-date, TODAY is posting the largest total viewer growth among the morning news broadcasts (+6%, or +272,000)
- TODAY has also seen season-to-date gains in rating W/A18-49 (+7%/+9%), and rating W/M25-54 (+5%/+10%). Among A25-54 viewers, TODAY is up +5% (+93,000) year-over-year.
- Compared to last season, TODAY has widened its advantages over CBS by 1% in total viewers and 14% among A25-54 viewers
- TODAY continues to rank as the #1 morning news program season-to-date in all 18-49 demo ratings
Week of September 1
|CBS THIS MORNING||2.2||8||2,953||0.8||902|
NBC's TODAY is the news program that informs, entertains, inspires and sets the agenda each morning for Americans. Airing live from 7 am to 11 am ET, TODAY reaches more than 5 million people every day through its broadcast, and millions more through TODAY.com, the TODAY app, and social media platforms. Matt Lauer, Savannah Guthrie, Al Roker, Natalie Morales, Willie Geist, Tamron Hall, Carson Daly, Hoda Kotb, and Kathie Lee Gifford are the anchors and hosts, and Don Nash is the executive producer.
See All News