"NBC NIGHTLY NEWS WITH BRIAN WILLIAMS" IS DELIVERING BEST START TO A SEASON SINCE 2006
OCTOBER 28, 2014 - "NBC Nightly News with Brian Williams" was #1 in total viewers and the younger demo A18-49 for the week of October 20-24, 2014, according to Nielsen Media Research data. Nightly has now been the #1 evening newscast in total viewers for 267 consecutive weeks and 314 of the last 315 weeks.
The NBC broadcast is posting +1% growth in total viewers versus the previous year and delivering its best start to a season since 2006.
NOTE: Nielsen has now provided corrected data starting with the week of 9/1. Other milestone points and comparisons are based on historical data that Nielsen will be revising.
- Nightly delivered 8.402 million total viewers, leading ABC by +454,000 and CBS by +1.925 million.
- Nightly averaged a 1.8 A25-54 rating, +4 tenths ahead of CBS.
- Among A25-54 (000), Nightly averaged 1.967 million viewers, +386,000 ahead of CBS.
- Nightly delivered a 1.1 A18-49 rating, tied for #1 with ABC and topping CBS by +3 tenths.
- Among A18-49, Nightly delivered 1.380 million viewers, topping ABC by +21,000 and CBS by +305,000.
WEEK OF OCTOBER 20-24, 2014
|Total Viewers||A25-54 Rating||A25-54 Viewers||A18-49 Rating||A18-49 Viewers|
# # #
See All News