NBC NIGHTLY NEWS WITH BRIAN WILLIAMS" DELIVERS BIGGEST AUDIENCE SINCE MARCH
NOVEMBER 18, 2014 - "NBC Nightly News with Brian Williams" was America's #1 newscast in total viewers and younger viewers A18-49 for the week of November 10-14, 2014, according to Nielsen Media Research data.
Nightly averaged over 9.6 million total viewers, marking its third consecutive week of audience growth and its biggest delivery since the week of 3/3/2014. Nightly also saw its highest A25-54 deliveries (rating and viewers) since the week of 3/24/2014, and tied ABC for #1 in rating A25-54 for the fourth time in the past six weeks. The NBC broadcast has been #1 in total viewers for 270 consecutive weeks.
NOTE: Brian Williams was off on Thursday.
- Versus the prior week, Nightly posted growth across total viewers (+2%, or +185,000), A18-49 viewers (+3%, or +40,000) and A25-54 viewers (+4%, or +79,000).
- Compared to the same week last season, Nightly posted +3% (+293,000) growth in total viewers.
- Among the network newscasts, Nightly posted the biggest evening news growth versus 4Q'14/STD levels in total viewers (up +12%, or +1.010 million) and A25-54 viewers (+14%, or +277,000).
- Season-to-date, Nightly is averaging 8.754 million total viewers, an increase of +2% versus the same period last year and Nightly's best start to a season since 2006.
- Nightly delivered 9.638 million total viewers, leading ABC World News Tonight by +649,000 and CBS Evening News by +2.203 million.
- Nightly outperformed ABC by over one million total viewers on consecutive days (Tuesday and Wednesday).
- On Tuesday, Nightly had its biggest single-day total viewer audience (10.065 million) since 9/8/2014 and biggest single-day advantage over ABC (+1.124 million) since 10/15/2014.
- Nightly averaged a 1.9 A25-54 rating, tied with ABC and +4 tenths ahead of CBS.
- Among A25-54 (000), Nightly averaged 2.270 million viewers, topping CBS by +452,000.
- Nightly delivered a 1.3 A18-49 rating, topping ABC by +1 tenth and CBS by +4 tenths.
- Among A18-49, Nightly delivered 1.632 million viewers, topping ABC by +130,000 and CBS by +451,000.
WEEK OF NOVEMBER 10-14, 2014
|Total Viewers||A25-54 Rating||A25-54 Viewers||A18-49 Rating||A18-49 Viewers|
# # #
See All News