NBC News and MSNBC
News Associates Program
The News Associates Program is a one year long fast-track opportunity for those interested in a career in news production. It is not designed to train people who wish to be on-air reporters. Participants work on programs or platforms on a rotational basis consisting of several long-term placements such as at a nightly news program, a morning news program, a cable news program, a digital platform, at an assignment desk, or on a longform program. Each News Associate is assigned a mentor who is an experienced staff member.
A Commitment to Diversity:
Our highly competitive program identifies outstanding aspiring journalists who bring diverse backgrounds to news production and news coverage. In keeping with our strong commitment to develop a diverse editorial staff within NBC News and MSNBC, the News Associates Program encourages applications from candidates of historically underrepresented groups, including those with diverse racial, ethnic, economic, and geographic backgrounds, as well as persons with disabilities.
A Successful Track Record:
Over 80 percent of the aspiring journalists who've completed the Program have gone on to various full time producing positions with NBC News and MSNBC. News Associates hone research skills, work on developing news stories in a working news bureau, and participate in field and studio production on a variety of news programs at NBC News and MSNBC.
- Bachelor's degree. Masters degree desired.
- Journalism experience.
- Commitment to a career in television news production.
- Excellent writing skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work successfully in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment and proven leadership skills.
- Must be willing to submit to a background investigation.
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States through September 2029.
- Must be willing to work overtime, nights, holidays, and weekends, often with short notice.
- Must be willing to sign a one-year employment contract committing to remain with the company for the full year in New York, NY.
- Must be 18 years or older.
- Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered.
All interested applicants must apply online to be considered for the program. Candidates must write a series of essay questions as part of the application process. Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we regret that we will only be able to respond to those candidates selected for an interview. If you are contacted for an interview, in most cases, you will speak with, or meet someone from NBC News or MSNBC. A decision is made after a final in-person interview.
Applications are now closed. Please check back in January 2020.