Reporter Trainee Program
The NBCU Owned TV Stations Reporter Trainee program is aimed at developing early career journalists with varying backgrounds and 1 – 2 years of TV News experience to become great television on-air reporters. Reporter Trainee Participants will have the unique opportunity to train with a local TV station's reporters and producers. The program will run from 12-18 months with the intention of placing each participant at a local station for full-time employment.
The program will include a significant investment in training and coaching to equip the selected participants with the skills necessary to develop into successful television reporters.
- Minimum 2 years in the newsroom or on-air reporting television news experience.
- Minimum 4-year college degree. Background in Journalism preferred.
- Must have strong enterprising and investigative skills.
- Well-versed in local as well as national news stories.
- Prior experience delivering taped and live reports.
- Ability to communicate effectively on-air.
- Ability to write television news copy combing the script with pictorial content.
- Ability to communicate and work well with others under contact pressure of deadlines.
- Excellent computer skills.
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States.
- Must be 18 years or older.
- Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered.
Applications are now closed. Please check back.