'TODAY' CONTINUES TO CLOSE RATINGS GAP WITH GMA
NEW YORK - August 28, 2014 - NBC's TODAY continues to gain momentum and post significant ratings growth. For the week of August 18, TODAY posted its narrowest total viewer margin with GMA in seven weeks (since the week of 6/30/14). TODAY has cut the total viewer gap with GMA for four straight weeks.
Season to date, TODAY continues to close the total viewer gap with GMA versus last season. Of the morning shows, TODAY has posted the largest growth in total viewers season to season gaining nearly 300k. TODAY ranks as the #1 morning news broadcast in A18-49 for the season.
- TODAY's P2+ gap vs. GMA narrowed for the 4thconsecutive week, with TODAY pulling to its closest margin in seven weeks (since the week of 6/30/2014).
- TODAY is posting season-to-season P2+ growth of +279k viewers, most among the morning news shows
- Season to date, TODAY has closed the total viewers gap by 25k versus last season
- Among A25-54 viewers, TODAY has grown +95k STD
- TODAY saw its best A18-49 viewer deliveries in over two months (since the week of 6/9/2014)
Week of August 18
NBC 3.2 13 4359 1.4 1622
CBS 2.1 8 2858 0.7 880
ABC 3.7 15 4849 1.5 1773
NBC's TODAY is the news program that informs, entertains, inspires and sets the agenda each morning for Americans. Airing live from 7 am to 11 am ET, TODAY reaches more than 5 million people every day through its broadcast, and millions more through TODAY.com, the TODAY app, and social media platforms. Matt Lauer, Savannah Guthrie, Al Roker, Natalie Morales, Willie Geist, Tamron Hall, Carson Daly, Hoda Kotb, and Kathie Lee Gifford are the anchors and hosts, and Don Nash is the executive producer.
See All News